I lost my faith in the LDS church on 02/06/15. Last year I decided to try to do a review of my personal growth outside of the LDS church.
2019 was a whirlwind of a year. This has been a big year for me spiritually. Arguably my most interesting year.
- My divorce was finalized.
- I got a good paying job. I was working 80+ hours a week and got burned out and was let go when I asked to only work 50 hours per week
- I was ordained a Buddhist minister
- I went to Disney Land
- I started working for a long-time friend and fellow exmo and long time friend at the same pay and reasonable hours
- Discovered entheogenic Mormonism, which kicked off a lot of me exploring unorthodox Mormonism
- I went to concerts that I loved
- Went to Sam Young’s march and saw a ton of notable folks from the Mormon World
- Proposed to my girlfriend of 3 years
- Found out that my mother-in-law’s cancer is back and terminal and has about 4 months left to live
What I’d like to accomplish this year:
- Marry my fiancé
- Start “The Unorthodox Mormon Church”, more on this in a couple weeks
- Help my mother-in-law pass peacefully
- Keep my head above water and keep going to therapy
- Start a business (an herbal apothecary)
- Go to a couple music festivals
- Be more unapologetically me
- Learn how to be a good homeowner (fiance is inheriting house)
- Find more insights through entheogens